The calendar for EDUC493A this semester is available below:
The academic calendars for your school districts are available below.
PLACEMENT DATES for the fall are:
1st Placement – January 4 – February 27, 2021
2nd Placement – March 1 – April 30, 2021
2021 Spring Final Presentation Day: May 10th, 2021, Monday, at 5 pm on ZOOM.
- You are required to attend every seminar in order to pass student teaching. If you have unexpected sickness or events that may cause you to miss the seminar, you must make up the seminar by attending one student teaching seminar from another arts education program, such as dance, theater, or music education. You will have to contact the instructor of the program and cc Patrick in your e-mail. If you were late for a seminar for more than 20 minutes, you will be considered as missing the seminar and will need to make up for the absence.
- Attendance at the Career Development Seminar is required each semester; it will be held virtually on February 23rd, 2021 from 4:30-6:30 pm. The seminar is organized and conducted by CEP so information will be forwarded to you directly from them again.
- Attendance at the Career Employment Fairs is not yet scheduled. Please keep your eyes on the future emails.
Other Career Center Events (last updated on Jan. 19, 2021)
This is a link to Career Center events – there’s at least one event weekly for CLA students this semester.
- Jan 27th, 10-11am: What The Future Wednesday, Job/Internship Applications for CLA Students
- Feb 1, 3:30-5pm: Building Career Confidence for Alternative Professional Pathways
- Feb 4th – 8th: Resume Rush (virtual resume critiques with the Career Center)
- Feb 5th: NonProfit Industry Tour (United Way and one more company will help students explore non-profit careers!)
- February 10th , 11:30 – 3pm: Virtual Career Fair
- Feb 17th, 10-11am: What The Future Wednesday, Interview Prep for CLA Students
- Feb 24th, 10-11am: What The Future Wednesday, Building Career Connections for CLA Students
- March 5th: Hospitality & Tourism Industry Tour
- March 24th, 10-11am: What The Future Wednesday, Career Exploration for CLA Students
- March 26th: Creative Careers Industry Tour (employers TBD, Kelsey is leading this)
- March 30th, 3-4pm: Global Careers Panel (Kelsey is leading this with INTS, LLC, and Education Abroad – will include the FBI and 3 other panelists)
- April 7th: What The Future Wednesday, Graduate School Application/Decisions for CLA Students
- April 21st,, 10am – 11am: What The Future Wednesday, Job/Internship Searching
A student teacher’s art journal